March 31, 2012

Giving Squared

I've been struggling and praying so much about what God wants me to do.  How I should spend my time, money, acquired skills.  I am such a doer and ofter want to just jump into my own plans.  I want (and pray) to learn to really listen and do God's will and plan, rather than my own.  It is hard and I am learning what a bad listener I really am.

Giving Squared is something Melanie and I started to try to make a difference.  All of us are constantly shopping for gifts...friends, teachers, kid's friends, etc.  We wanted to create a shopping experience where people can buy gifts and give gifts to missions at the same time.  At Giving Squared all of the profits go to missions.  We have selected 7 missions for 2012 that we will be supporting.  Since we started in November 2011, we have been able to give over $2,000 to missions (including some of the lemonade stands we hosted).  Not huge numbers, but something is better than nothing.  I always consider what Mother Theresa said..."God doesn't call us to be successful, He calls us to be faithful." 

God, help me be faithful and a good listener and a fearless follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment